Isn’t it fantastic to be a regional business owner? Sometimes we get bogged down in the challenges and we limit our own horizons. But here’s an invitation: lift up your eyes, and join me in celebrating what we have here!
- Local Connections. Regional businesses benefit from strong relationships with customers, high levels of loyalty, and personalised service. Every day, we are building relationships!
- Innovation. We are uniquely positioned to innovate, thanks to our close understanding of local needs and challenges.
- Lifestyle. We get to live amongst the natural beauty of our region, with space, clean air, and connection to nature.
- Community Impact. We get to sponsor and support our local community’s events and initiatives. This relationship builds strong community bonds and a supportive ecosystem for our business.
- Networking and Collaboration. While networking might look easier in big cities, regional networks are often more durable and have more impact, due to the strength of personal relationships. And we can trust these networks to bring us together for collaboration in meeting more of our customers’ needs.
- Agility and Adaptability. Smaller regional businesses are often more agile and quicker to respond to changes in market or community needs, and in the broader business environment.
- Sustainability and Local Resilience. We have an edge in promoting locally produced goods and services, reducing our carbon footprint, and supporting local agriculture and manufacturing.
- Digital Connectivity. I know; I don’t think it’s good enough either. But over the years these technologies have allowed us to develop businesses and lifestyles independent of the CBD office block.
- Quality of Talent. Yup, we are living through a skills shortage. The fact is, however, that we have amazing pools of skill and creativity in our regional communities.
So how good does it get? I’d welcome your reflections on your business and its host community. And if you’re ready to take it to the next level, we’ve got the programs you need!